Translations for private individuals
As a private individual, you too are doing the right thing by coming to Apostroph. Maybe you require a CV, passport, reference, marriage certificate, court documents, records or other documents of all types in a different language or for them to be edited to ensure linguistic excellence: if so, we translate into 48 languages and can provide legal certifications and apostilles; if your documents need proofreading, we will whip them into shape in terms of freedom from errors, grammatical correctness, style and consistent word usage. Rapidly, professionally, discreetly and securely.
Our principle: our translators, who are also very familiar with the cultural and legal background of their linguistic region, work exclusively into their mother tongue. When choosing a suitable language professional for your text, our project managers take account of the specialisations offered by our certified experts, i.e. areas in which they have a particular mastery. Our project managers also take into consideration the sectors and areas of knowledge in which our translators, through long-standing experience, have a particular skill to offer.
The following types of text, and many others besides, are in highly capable hands when it comes to translations into the 48 languages we can offer:
- Passports, identity cards, permanent residence permits, other personal papers for immigration authorities and migration offices
- Education, training and employment references
- Civil status documents: marriage certificates, divorce decrees, wills, death certificates
- Curricula vitae, employment contracts and references
- Legal papers such as official documents and contracts of all kinds
- Notarially certified translations recognised by the authorities
Do you require the translation to be legally notarised or certified by means of apostille? Dealings with the authorities of this nature are sometimes time-consuming - we would be only too glad to handle them for you; ensure you allow enough time for them, and please take into account regional public holidays and corresponding closures of offices and service desks.
Proofreading and re-reading
You have, for instance, written an application and would like to ensure that it is flawless and error-free: our experienced and insightful proofreaders carefully fine-tune your letter of application and curriculum vitae, with the aim of helping you stand out from the crowd during the application process and land your dream job.
That said, applications are preceded by education and training: our re-readers, who are experienced in a wide range of disciplines as well as scientific subject areas, subject your final assignment, university thesis or dissertation to a meticulous and attentive examination in terms of grammar and spelling. If you require a thorough proofread that goes beyond scrutiny of the spelling and grammar, then they provide suggestions for alternative turns of phrase and give indications in terms of the style, consistency of language - from the foreword via the summary to the conclusion - and formal aspects, such as footnotes, bibliographies and tables of figures, etc.
Place your trust in Apostroph for professional examinations of the following documents, those of a personal or scientific nature, as well as demanding academic texts:
- Applications, personal statements, curriculum vitae/CVs
- Diplomas and other final year assignments
- Bachelor and master degree dissertations
- Doctorate theses/dissertations
- Post-doctoral treatises
- Scientific publications and specialist articles
- Specialist technical, medical and legal translations
How to obtain your translation or flawless text:
- Call us or pop into one of our offices and tell us what you have in mind in terms of your linguistic needs. Our expert, friendly project managers at our offices in Bern, Lausanne, Lucerne and Zurich will listen to you carefully and offer advice.
- Once we have jointly ascertained which services are best suited to your needs, we submit a quote based on the information you provide us with regarding the length of the text and the services you wish to use.
- If our quote is to your satisfaction, we provide you with a written order confirmation, which you sign and return to us, or sign on our premises. The order confirmation describes the scope of the order, the service requested (translation and target language, thorough proofread or pure re-read), an overview of the costs, and submission and delivery deadlines which are binding on both sides. This confirmation becomes legally valid when you append your signature.
- Once you have confirmed the order, the advance payment becomes due. As soon as the amount stated in the order confirmation reaches our account, we forward the order to one of our language professionals and let him or her get down to work.
- We provide you with the translation, re-read or proofread text at the time stated in the written agreement and await your confirmation of receipt.
Linguistic services that offer value for money
What does a translation cost? Our quote for your translation project or other linguistic service always contains a binding indication of price. The price depends on the language and the number of words or length of the source text, particularly in the case of target languages other than the most common languages used for commerce: German, English, Italian, French, and Spanish. Our project managers in Bern, Lausanne, Lucerne and Zurich would be glad to provide you with a quote that is tailored to your requirements.
Just so you know: we guarantee the highest standards of security and discretion
Orders from businesses as well as from private individuals are treated with the highest priority as regards data security and discretion. Our language service providers are all required to sign our Service Level Agreement (SLA), which binds them to confidentiality in respect of the documents and texts they receive for processing, some of which are highly sensitive and personal. Moreover, the translations and texts requiring proofreading and re-reading are transmitted according to the highest security standards – including SSL encryption; Apostroph, a Swiss company, also guarantees that all its data is hosted within the country’s borders.
Contact us for further information. The project managers at our offices in Bern, Lausanne, Lucerne and Zurich offer expert and personalised advice that is tailored to your particular linguistic requirements. Alternatively, visit us with your document, and we will calculate then and there what it will cost you to have it translated.